Seeking to contribute my experience, analytical and management skills in an Supply Management role.
Advantech Inc, Annapolis, Maryland April 2016 – June 2021
Supply Analyst / Facilities inventory Specialist / Maximo SME
Planned and redesigned multiple facility warehouses for the navy at Dahlgren, Bethesda, Carderock and Indian Head Navel Bases, increasing storage capacity and improving process flow for facility repair parts. Created a plan of action to capture and identify thousands of lines facility parts that were un-accounted for. Established a location system using current industrial standards , replacing an antiquated system.
- Found, identified, added to stock and managed 5,000 line items.
- Processed requirements to procured 3,448 IT Assets for multiple VA and Army clinics and Hospitals
- Lead the effort for the Data Center migration to the new hospital on Fort Irwin.
Insight Global, Richmond Virginia March 2015 – December 2016
Inventory Specialist, Serco/VDOT
Managed the Virginia Department of Transportation’s assets and inventory for five Transportation Operation Centers across the state. Managed the Safety Service Patrol inventory and stock levels. Ensured efficient delivery of products and services for the client. Expertise and work efforts were focused on the analysis of the customer's business goals, objectives, needs and the general business environment to solve logistical problems. Developed and implemented client's logistical policies and procedures.
- Managed $4.2 million inventory consisting of 40,000 assets and 3,500 inventory line items
- Successfully transitioned all assets within 3 months after others have tried for 2 years
- Improved data collection and reporting processes to achieve 100% accuracy each month
Peak Systems Inc., Richmond Virginia April 2013 – November 2013
Provided inventory management and disposal of desktops, laptops, mobile devices and associated peripherals for WellPoint Inc. Singularly responsible for one building where I organized the deployment of 2,100 assets within the 8 month contract.
- Managed 5,000 assets, valued at $60K, during the process of replacing 2,100
- Swapped and accounted for server room components with minimal errors in asset records
- Improved the installation and testing processes which made deployment faster
JES Technical Solutions, Chester Virginia April 2012 – March 2015
Owner, Senior Technician
Provided technical support serving home and medium and small business PC and MAC users. Responsibilities include all aspect of technical support by maintaining, analyzing, troubleshooting, and repairing computer systems, hardware, and computer peripherals. Responsible for maintaining detailed records on supported customers.
- Managed over 200 customers including 23 small businesses
- Planned and updated 2 hospital server rooms and Com Closets to replace antiquated equipment
- Managed the installation and maintenance of security systems for 5 Hospitals and 8 Businesses
Evolver Inc., Reston Virginia April 2009 to April 2012
IT Asset Manager
Managed hardware, spare parts and software for multiple Government agencies. Accountable for compliance with internal policies and vendor contracts for procurement, deployment, maintenance, repairs, and disposal. Played a key role in a unique project which managed the full lifecycle implementation of an IT Asset Management System (Maximo). Procured IT assets by leasing them from various vendors, bringing the organization from zero to 15,000 assets. Managed the assets during the project to accomplish the organization's main objective. Disposed of all the assets by returning them to the leasing companies or disposal by direct sale.
- Planned and built four Data Centers and computer networks for the US Census Bureau 2010 census
- Established policies and procedures for inventory, configuration, cost, and locations
- Order, receive, stock, and deploy assets and update asset records in the ITAMS
Innovative Logistics Techniques, Inc., McLean Virginia February 1996 to April 2009
Project Manager responsible and accountable for the managing projects directed toward strategic objectives for client. Managed the technology, people and changes in order to achieve goals, reach targets, and deliver projects on time and within budget. Managed client relationships through direct and formal reporting that complimented a respected and productive relationship. Drove projects by leading by example and motivating all concerned until the objectives and goals were met.
- Define business requirements to ensure the client received process improvements
- Initiated and planed projects by establishing format, direction and baselines
- Coordinated with clients to achieve goals, reach targets, solve problems, and mitigate risks
U.S. Army, Various Locations July 1979 to August 1994
Senior Logistics Manager
Held various logistics positions in automotive maintenance, facility, IT, asset, and supply chain management.
Central Texas College, Associate Degree, 1988